HydrosSil Ultra is 7.8% Hydrogen Peroxide and silver at less than 0.1% plus water and it is Made in Australia to our strict rules and regulations so you can be sure that it is safe. HydroSil Ultra is environmentally safe, odourless and colourless and, when added to rainwater, river water, creek water or, even town mains water, it will kill bacteria, viruses, yeasts and fungi. You add up to 200 ml of HydroSil 7.8% to each 1,000 litres of water and leave for 40 minutes of contact time before using the water. I have been using Hydrogen Peroxide in my rainwater tanks for the last 2 years and it is fantastic, simple to use, reliable and safe. No more algae or green slime in the dog & cats water bowls. I keep the level of Hydrogen Peroxide at 5 - 10 parts per million and check it with a test strip every Sunday morning, if the level falls because we have had rain I simply add 50 mls per 1,000 litres of water and test again the next day.
- Initial dose in the rainwater tank is 100 - 200 mls per 1,000 litres of water, this will kill the bacteria in the water and in the tank and the pipework. You may require a stronger initial dose if your tank is very dirty or, if you have not cleaned out your guttering. Testing the level of residual Hydrogen Peroxide will let you know if you have sufficient HydroSil in the water or if you need to add more. Keeping the level at between 5 and 10 parts per million on the test strips is the safe zone.
- Destroys bacteria, parasites, viruses, mould and fungi
- Removes residual chlorine
- Is tasteless and odourless and removes any tastes and smells from water
- Maintains water freshness longer
- Clears water by flocking out particles
- Works faster than chlorine
- Has no risk of harsh chemical burns
- Has no dangerous off-gassing
- Requires no electricity or equipment
- Is effective over a wide range of pH and temperatures